The Roda Group Announces Two New Cleantech InvestmentsJune 5, 2012
£20 Million ETI Project Set to Advance Carbon Capture TechnologiesOctober 15, 2012
The CCEMC announced $46 million in funding for carbon capture and storage and cleaner energy projects July 12, 2012. The projects have a combined value of more than $327 million.
“The CCEMC is supporting industry efforts to reduce greenhouse gas emissions from fossil fuels while helping to ensure Alberta can continue to be a global energy leader, even as we transition to other sources,” said CCEMC Chair Eric Newell. “By addressing challenges facing Alberta’s large emitters we are funding projects that have tremendous potential to reduce Alberta’s greenhouse gas emissions over the long term.”
The organizations receiving funding from CCEMC are:
- Cenovus Energy Inc. – $10 million for a Chemical Looping Steam Generator – 10 MW Pilot at Christina Lake near Fort McMurray
- Husky Energy – $2.9 million for the Lashburn CO2 Capture Demonstration Project near Lloydminster
- Imperial Oil – $10 million for a Cyclic Solvent Process pilot in Cold Lake
- Inventys Thermal Technologies Inc. – $3 Million for the VeloxoTherm™ CO2 Capture Project at Joffre
- MEG Energy Corp. – $10 million for Heavy Crude Quality Improvement in the Alberta Industrial Heartland Region
- N-Solv Corporation – $10 million for the N-Solv BEST Pilot Plant at Suncor Dover in Fort McMurray
For more details, read our press release and backgrounder at ccemc.ca.