Former Airbus CTO Joins Board of Inventys a Canadian Carbon Capture CompanyAugust 31, 2017
Inventys Receives Additional $2.6M from NRCan’s Energy Innovation Program to Accelerate Deployment of Next-Gen Carbon Capture Pilot PlantDecember 15, 2017
The Research Engineer takes overall responsibility for the technical content of proposals for contracts with suppliers as well as applications for government funding, tax credit programs and research grants. The Engineer collects technical information and assembles internal and external reports and works with CTO and the Business Development Team to create research proposals. On successful funding, the Engineer prepares status reports for the funding sources.
- Gathers technical input, analyzes and consolidates information.
- Coordinates research proposals through all steps from concept to delivery.
- Reviews criteria of funding proposals, understands terms of funding and contracts and prepares summary for management to review prior to writing the proposal.
- Receives status reports from Team Leads, compiles and creates consolidated status reports. Meets with Team Leads as required to gather additional information and seek clarity.
- Receives reports from Project Coordinators and creates consolidated monthly project updates.
- Ensures proposals meet requirements of funders and suppliers.
- Liaises with Business Development to prepare final proposal submission and acts at the liaison between technology and business needs.
- Liaises with project team after funding is provided to monitor progress, prepares and submits status reports to funders.
- Answers inquiries from funding sources, acts as main technical liaison.
- Combines and compiles various internal reports and generates external reports for the Board, investors and customers on status of technology development.
- Researches and writes white papers on company products for scientific publications.
- Carries out other related tasks and projects as required.
COMPETENCIES REQUIRED (knowledge, skills, and abilities):
- Education: Bachelor is required with Masters or Doctorate in Chemical or Process Engineering preferred
- Experience: At least 2 years writing applications for public or private sector funding; or patent filing
- Proven research skills in the lab or private sector
- Experience in Advance Material Development or related industries is preferredExcellent interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate difficult concepts clearly in plain language orally and in writing.
- Ability to research information independently and to analyze, synthesize and act on the acquired information. Critical thinking skills and good judgment
- Ability to work well with cross-functional teams and diverse groups of stakeholders
- Adaptable to change
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills in establishing cooperative working relationships both internally and externally
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- High level of initiative
- Good time management, with ability to organize, prioritize and meet deadlines
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent listening skillsExcellent analytical skills with ability to make sound recommendations
As a team member, you will work in a safety-first environment while enjoying competitive benefits, supportive co-workers, and interesting challenges to solve. You will grow through challenging work with diverse, talented people and by finding endless opportunities to learn and engage.
If you want to take the next step in your career, send your resume to [email protected] with “Research Engineer” in the subject line.