Inventys Receives Additional $2.6M from NRCan’s Energy Innovation Program to Accelerate Deployment of Next-Gen Carbon Capture Pilot PlantDecember 15, 2017
Team Lead – Mechanical EngineeringJanuary 4, 2018
We are looking for a Mechanical Engineer to provide machine design, analysis, and validation alongside other team members to advance mechanical aspects of Inventys CO2 capture technology.
- Generates mechanical solutions, concepts, and designs with good judgement according to sound design practices.
- Solves complex problems where analysis of a situation and data evaluation are required in order to meet specifications.
- Prepares and presents technical status reviews to show overall progress of a task or project.
- Independently carries out studies, tests and analysis interpretations and conclusions.
- Manages product and production documentation.
- Prepares requirements documentation, design documentation, drawings, and manufacturing documentation to control vendor made parts.
- Prepares manufacturing documentation, work instructions, assembly details, and control plans.
- Develops and performs design validation plans.
- Develops and performs equipment acceptance testing.
- Education: Degree in Mechanical Engineering
- Experience: At least 5 years mechanical engineering in design, manufacturing, procurement and assembly of machine equipment
- Preferred Experience: Medium to Heavy Duty rotary equipment, composites and related manufacturing processes, face seals and sealing materials
- Fluent with SolidWorks for parts, large assemblies and product data management software
- Good understanding of manufacturing cost analysis for different manufacturing processes
- Working knowledge of SolidWorks FEA analysis for structural design
- Ability to work in a changing environment and evaluate/incorporate new processes and new technologies
- Critical thinking skills and good judgment
- Ability to work well with cross-functional teams and diverse groups of stakeholders
- Thrives in a changing, growing environment
- Demonstrates interpersonal skills required for cooperative working relationships both internally and externally
- Demonstrates written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Can safely work in a shop with standard shop tools and equipment
- High level of initiative
- Good time management, with ability to organize, prioritize and meet deadlines
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent listening skills
- Excellent analytical skills with ability to make sound recommendations
- Proficient with MS Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Project)
As a team member, you will work in a safety-first environment while enjoying competitive benefits, supportive co-workers, and interesting challenges to solve. You will grow through challenging work with diverse, talented people and by finding endless opportunities to learn and engage.
If you want to take the next step in your career, send your resume to [email protected] with “Mechanical Engineer” in the subject line. For more information about Inventys, please visit www.inventysinc.com. You can also connect with us on Facebook or Twitter @inventysinc.