Mechanical EngineerJanuary 3, 2018
Team Lead – Adsorbent Beds ManufacturingJanuary 4, 2018
We are looking for a Team Lead to oversee work, coach and train team members, determine work required and allocate resources. The Lead assists the Manager or Supervisor with recruitment and performance management. The Lead is also a primary liaison between team members and management ensuring information flows in both directions.
The Team Lead is also hands-on with Mechanical Engineering:
- Generates mechanical solutions, concepts, and designs with good judgment according to sound design practices.
- Solves complex problems where analysis of a situation and data evaluation are required in order to meet specifications.
- Independently carries out studies, tests, and analysis interpretations and conclusions.
- Manages product and production documentation.
- Prepares requirements documentation, design documentation, drawings, and manufacturing documentation to control vendor-made parts.
- Prepares manufacturing documentation, work instructions, assembly details, and control plans.
- Develops and performs design verification plans.
- Develops and performs equipment acceptance testing.
- Carries out other related tasks and projects as required.
Competencies required (knowledge, skills, and abilities):
- Education: University Degree in Mechanical Engineering
- Registered or Eligible to Register for PEng status
- Experience: At least 10 years mechanical engineering in design, manufacturing, procurement, and assembly of machine equipment, including at least 2 years leading junior and intermediate engineers
- Preferred Experience: Medium to Heavy Duty rotary equipment, composites and related manufacturing processes, face seals, and sealing materials.
- Fluent with SolidWorks for parts, large assemblies and product data management software.
- Good understanding of manufacturing cost analysis for different manufacturing processes.
- Prepared to travel as required to work with suppliers or at customer installations, sometimes for extended periods of time as the job requires.
- Eligible to work in Canada and travel internationally without restriction.
- Working knowledge of SolidWorks FEA analysis for structural design.
- Experience with DVPR (Design Verification Plan & Report), DFMEA (Design Failure
Modes and Effects Analysis), and DFMA (Design for Manufacturing and Assembly).
- Ability to work in a changing environment and evaluate/incorporate new processes and new technologies
- Critical thinking skills and good judgment
- Ability to work well with cross-functional teams and diverse groups of stakeholders
- Thrives in a changing, growing environment
- Demonstrates interpersonal skills required for cooperative working relationships both internally and externally
- Demonstrates written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Can safely work in a shop with standard shop tools and equipment.
- High level of initiative and self starter
- Good time management, with ability to organize, prioritize and meet deadlines
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent listening skills
- Excellent analytical skills with ability to make sound recommendations
- Proficient with MS Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Project)
As a team member you will work in a safety-first environment while enjoying competitive benefits, supportive co-workers, and interesting challenges to solve. You will grow through challenging work with diverse, talented people and by finding endless opportunities to learn and engage.
If you want to take the next step in your career, send your resume to [email protected] with “Team Lead Mech Eng” in the subject line. For more information about Inventys, please visit www.inventysinc.com. You can also connect with us on Facebook or Twitter @inventysinc.