Team Lead – Adsorbent Beds ManufacturingJanuary 4, 2018
Technical Writer (On Call)January 5, 2018
We are looking for a Plant Process Engineer to develop, design, commission, test, and optimize carbon capture gas processing plants. The position requires the ability to scale up a novel process from the laboratory to pilot plant size and eventually to full scale gas processing plant. The position requires an in-depth understanding of fluid mechanics and thermodynamics and heavily involves the application of transport phenomena knowledge in chemical engineering.
- Designs new gas processing plants, monitors modifications and upgrades, and troubleshoots existing process designs.
- Applies the principles of mass, momentum and heat transfer to process and equipment design, including conceptual, scheme and detail design.
- Prepares reports, PFDs and P&IDs.
- Performs process hazard and operability analysis (HAZOP), and assesses the safety and environmental impact of the plant.
- Performs techno economic analysis (TEA) and evaluates the capital and operational cost of projects.
- Works closely with process, mechanical, and electrical engineers to develop P&IDs.
- Ensures all aspects of a design meet specified regulations.
- Provides guidance to junior engineers.
- Carries out other related tasks and projects as required.
Competencies required (knowledge, skills and abilities):
- Experience: At least 7 years four years of experience in development, design, and operations of solvent based CO2 capture plants using Selective Chemical Absorption Solvents and Thermal Kinetic Optimization process
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in Chemical Engineering
- Technical: Must be proficient in the use of the Microsoft Office suite of products, including Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Other: A working knowledge of computer aided-design equipment and computerized processes such as Aspen Hysys is required; boiler technology and design of heat recovery steam generators, FEED studies, TEA
- Experience in gas plant construction, commissioning, and project management
- Critical thinking skills and good judgment
- Ability to work well with cross-functional teams and diverse groups of stakeholders
- Adaptable to change
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills in establishing cooperative working relationships both internally and externally
- Demonstrated written and oral communication skills
- Ability to develop and deliver presentations
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- High level of initiative
- Good time management, with ability to organize, prioritize and meet deadlines
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong customer service skills, including ability to build credibility and trust
- Excellent analytical skills with ability to make sound recommendations
If you want to take the next step in your career, send your resume to [email protected] with “Plant Process Engineer” in the subject line. For more information about Inventys, please visit www.inventysinc.com. You can also connect with us on Facebook or Twitter @inventysinc.