Team Lead – Mechanical EngineeringJanuary 4, 2018
Process EngineerJanuary 5, 2018
We are looking for an on-call casual Technical Writer to plan, design, write, interview, edit, produce and maintain documentation, while ensuring that the documentation products meet the needs of their audiences and are delivered accurately and promptly.
- Develops and maintains company technical documentation using authoring and publishing software.
- Applies structured authoring principles in the development of documentation.
- Researches and writes white papers on company products.
- Provides editorial support to writers and others in the company.
- Assists Marketing in developing, implementing and maintaining documentation style guides, authoring procedures and CSS’s (for online documents).
- Keeps up to date with new industry methods and technologies to streamline documentation processes and improve department productivity.
- Education: Degree (Bachelors or Masters) in English or a Communications-related discipline, with training in technical communication
- Experience: Minimum 2 years’ technical writing experience in a hi-tech environment involving technology/product development, experience with scientific papers is preferred
- Technical: Adobe FrameMaker, MS Word, MS Visio, MS Project, PowerPoint
- Strong technical aptitude and understanding of hard products (mechanical, electrical and/or electronics)
- Track record of publications in reputable industry journals
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate difficult concepts clearly in plain language orally and in writing
- Knowledge of structured authoring and single-sourcing methodologies and tools is required and familiarity with usability principles in software design is an asset
- Ability to research information independently and to analyze, synthesize and act on the acquired information
- Critical thinking skills and good judgment
- Ability to work well with cross-functional teams and diverse groups of stakeholders
- Adaptable to change
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills in establishing cooperative working relationships both internally and externally
- Good time management, with ability to organize, prioritize and meet deadlines
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent listening skills
- Excellent analytical skills with ability to make sound recommendations
Send your resume to [email protected] with “Technical Writer” in the subject line. For more information about Inventys, please visit www.inventysinc.com. You can also connect with us on Facebook or Twitter @inventysinc.