Team Lead – Hardware Development and TestingFebruary 20, 2018
We are looking for an ICE Engineer to design, develop, install, manage and maintain equipment which is used to monitor and control engineering systems, machinery, and processes.
- Designs and develops new control systems.
- Tests, maintains, and modifies existing systems.
- Analyses data and makes recommendations to management.
- Manages operations of systems.
- Works collaboratively with design engineers, operation engineers, purchasers and other internal staff to create cost-efficient designs.
- Liaises with clients, suppliers, contractors and relevant authorities.
- Manages projects within cost and time constrained environments.
- Understands and ensures compliance with relevant health and safety regulations and quality standards.
- Experienced in the application of electrical relevant codes and standards for North America and Europe.
- Liaises with Purchasing on equipment procurement.
- Writes computer software and test procedures.
- Ensures proper documentation of analyses and results.
- Prepares electrical schematics, single line diagrams, control narratives, shut-down keys, ladder logic, control panel graphics, etc.
- Ensures suppliers deliver equipment and services as agreed upon.
- Supports installation, commissioning and start-up of equipment in the field.
- Experience: At least 7 years of industrial experience with instrumentation controls and process equipment
- Education: University Degree in Electrical Engineering
- Technical: experience with as many of the following is preferred: advanced process control (APC), distributed control systems (DCS), programmable logic controllers (PLC), supervisory control and data acquisition (SCADA)
- Demonstrated ability to use software tools to prepare electrical drawings and schematics
- Demonstrated ability to perform design calculations for electrical and control systems
- Critical thinking skills and good judgment
- Ability to work well with cross-functional teams and diverse groups of stakeholders
- Adaptable to change
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills in establishing cooperative working relationships both internally and externally
- Demonstrated written and oral communication skills
- Ability to develop and deliver presentations
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- High level of initiative
- Good time management, with the ability to organize, prioritize and meet deadlines
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent listening skills
- Excellent analytical skills with the ability to make sound recommendations
- Ability to travel, i.e. hold a valid passport
As a team member, you will work in a safety-first environment while enjoying competitive benefits, supportive co-workers, and interesting challenges to solve. You will grow through challenging work with diverse, talented people and by finding endless opportunities to learn and engage.
If you want to take the next step in your career, send your resume to [email protected] with “ICE Engineer” in the subject line. For more information about Inventys, please visit www.inventysinc.com. You can also connect with us on Facebook or Twitter @inventysinc.