Team Lead – Manufacturing & Assembly
We are looking for a Team Lead to oversee work, coach and train team members, determine work required and allocate resources. The Lead assists the Manager or Supervisor with recruitment and performance management. The Lead is also a primary liaison between team members and management ensuring information flows in both directions.
The Team Lead is also hands-on with Manufacturing and Assembly:
- Manufactures test, field, and pilot plant beds.
- Provides QC testing of manufactured beds.
- Scales up manufacturing process for large-scale manufacturing including: coating, printing, and packaging.
- Tests beds for mechanical strength and durability.
- Carries out other manufacturing related tasks and projects as required.
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Manufacturing Engineering or Mechanical Engineering
- At least 5 years of experience with manufacturing processes, preferably in coating processes, operating as a Manufacturing Engineer or Lead Hand.
- Good understanding of manufacturing cost analysis for different manufacturing processes.
- Quality Systems and Processes
- Lean Manufacturing
- Critical thinking skills and good judgment
- Ability to work well with cross-functional teams and diverse groups of stakeholders
- Adaptable to change
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills in establishing cooperative working relationships both internally and externally
- Demonstrated written and oral communication skills
- Ability to develop and deliver presentations
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- High level of initiative
- Good time management, with the ability to organize, prioritize and meet deadlines
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong customer service skills, including the ability to build credibility and trust
- Excellent listening skills
- Proven mentoring and coaching skills
- Ability to think strategically