Senior Mechanical Engineer – Plant Operations
We are looking for a Senior Mechanical Engineer – Plant Operations to liaise with internal and external stakeholders to design, fabricate, install, and operate customer CO2 separation plants. This requires regular troubleshooting as well as frequent travel to fabricator and customer sites.
- Conducts equipment sizing, specification, inspection, installation, and maintenance.
- Generates installation and operating procedures.
- Reviews and supervises fabrication and responds to vendor RFI’s.
- Supervises plant installation and start up for Mechanical discipline.
- Reviews vendor drawings and requests changes as required.
- Provides technical liaison between company and customers.
- Participates in HAZOP (Hazards and Operability Study) and PHAs (Process Hazards Analysis).
- After installation monitors performance and addresses issues as required.
- Develops regular maintenance schedules.
- Investigates equipment failures and problems to diagnose, then repair or replace.
- Carries out other related tasks and projects as required.
- Education: Degree in Mechanical Engineering, eligible or registered PEng
- Experience: At least 10 years mechanical engineering in design, installation and ongoing operation of plant equipment, preferably in Oil and Gas or Power Generation industries
- Experienced with process equipment including rotating equipment, pressure vessels, piping and instrumentation, controls, and strong working knowledge of electrical and process engineering as they relates and interface with the mechanical discipline
- Experience managing construction and installation of process plants
- Ability to work in a changing environment and evaluate/incorporate new processes and new technologies
- Critical thinking skills and professional judgment
- Ability to work well with cross-functional teams and diverse groups of stakeholders
- Demonstrates interpersonal skills required for cooperative working relationships both internally and externally
- Demonstrates written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Can safely work in a shop with standard shop tools and equipment.
- High level of initiative
- Good time management, with ability to organize, prioritize and meet deadlines
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent listening skills
- Excellent analytical skills with ability to make sound recommendations
- Willingness to undertake frequent travel or temporary relocation to operating site