We are looking for a Production Technician to build and assemble prototype and demonstration devices, leading up to pre-production and production builds. The Technician is expected to work independently as well as part of a small team to identify areas for improvement. It is expected that the technician will have familiarity with some manufacturing systems including automated equipment and basic jigs and fixtures. The Technician should also be able to recognize deficiencies and inform the Team Lead when they occur.
- Supports demonstration and production build requirements to meet customer demands
- Performs assembly, test and inspection operations to daily build schedules according to released operating instructions.
- Prepares raw materials for manufacturing processes.
- Operates various equipment and tools.
- Builds and debugs prototypes and demonstration units.
- Assists in the troubleshooting and improvement of processes.
- Inspects incoming materials and informs Team Lead of deficiencies.
- Maintains and develops associated shop-floor/quality documentation.
- Maintains the organization and cleanliness of the production area.
- Conducts procedures within health and safety guidelines, informs Team Lead of deficiencies.
- Carries out other related tasks and projects as required.
Competencies required (knowledge, skills, and abilities):
- Education: Machine/mechanical assembly courses are an asset
- Experience: 2 to 5 years’ hands-on mechanical assembly, ideally in a production environment
- Some equipment operating skills – but mainly hand-tools
- Demonstrated Understanding of health and safety
- Quick learner, lots of energy and ability to multi-task
- Proficiency in Office software such as Word and Excel
- Good oral and written English skills and ability to create documentation
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills in establishing cooperative working relationships both internally and externally
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- High level of initiative
- Good time management, with the ability to organize, prioritize and meet deadlines
- Strong attention to detail