We are looking for a Mechanical Engineer to provide machine design, analysis, and validation alongside other team members to advance mechanical aspects of Inventys CO2 capture technology.
- Generates mechanical solutions, concepts, and designs with good judgement according to sound design practices.
- Solves complex problems where analysis of a situation and data evaluation are required in order to meet specifications.
- Prepares and presents technical status reviews to show overall progress of a task or project.
- Independently carries out studies, tests and analysis interpretations and conclusions.
- Manages product and production documentation.
- Prepares requirements documentation, design documentation, drawings, and manufacturing documentation to control vendor made parts.
- Prepares manufacturing documentation, work instructions, assembly details, and control plans.
- Develops and performs design validation plans.
- Develops and performs equipment acceptance testing.
- Education: Degree in Mechanical Engineering
- Experience: At least 5 years mechanical engineering in design, manufacturing, procurement and assembly of machine equipment
- Preferred Experience: Medium to Heavy Duty rotary equipment, composites and related manufacturing processes, face seals and sealing materials
- Fluent with SolidWorks for parts, large assemblies and product data management software
- Good understanding of manufacturing cost analysis for different manufacturing processes
- Working knowledge of SolidWorks FEA analysis for structural design
- Ability to work in a changing environment and evaluate/incorporate new processes and new technologies
- Critical thinking skills and good judgment
- Ability to work well with cross-functional teams and diverse groups of stakeholders
- Thrives in a changing, growing environment
- Demonstrates interpersonal skills required for cooperative working relationships both internally and externally
- Demonstrates written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Can safely work in a shop with standard shop tools and equipment
- High level of initiative
- Good time management, with ability to organize, prioritize and meet deadlines
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent listening skills
- Excellent analytical skills with ability to make sound recommendations
- Proficient with MS Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Project)
- Ability to handle stress