Instrumentations, Controls, and Electrical Engineer
Location: Burnaby, British Colombia
We are looking for an ICE Engineer to design, develop, install, manage and maintain equipment which is used to monitor and control engineering systems, machinery, and processes.
- Designs and develops new control systems.
- Tests, maintains and modifies existing systems.
- Analyses data and makes recommendations to management.
- Manages operations of systems.
- Works collaboratively with design engineers, operation engineers, purchasers and other internal staff to create cost efficient designs.
- Liaises with clients, suppliers, contractors and relevant authorities.
- Manages projects within cost and time constrained environments.
- Understands and ensures compliance with relevant health and safety regulations and quality standards.
- Experienced in the application of electrical relevant codes and standards for North America and Europe.
- Liaises with Purchasing on equipment procurement.
- Writes computer software and test procedures.
- Ensures proper documentation of analyses and results.
- Prepares electrical schematics, single line diagrams, control narratives, shut-down keys, ladder logic, control panel graphics, etc.
- Ensures suppliers deliver equipment and services as agreed upon.
- Supports installation, commissioning and start-up of equipment in the field.
- Experience: At least 7 years’ of industrial experience with instrumentation controls and process equipment
- Education: University Degree in Electrical Engineering
- Technical: experience with as many of the following is preferred: advanced process control (APC), distributed control systems (DCS), programmable logic controllers (PLC), supervisory control and data acquisition (SCADA)
- Demonstrated ability to use software tools to prepare electrical drawings and schematics
- Demonstrated ability to perform design calculations for electrical and control systems
- Critical thinking skills and good judgment
- Ability to work well with cross-functional teams and diverse groups of stakeholders
- Adaptable to change
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills in establishing cooperative working relationships both internally and externally
- Demonstrated written and oral communication skills
- Ability to develop and deliver presentations
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- High level of initiative
- Good time management, with ability to organize, prioritize and meet deadlines
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent listening skills
- Excellent analytical skills with ability to make sound recommendations
- Ability to travel, i.e. hold valid passport