Plant and Boiler Operator
We are looking for a Plant and Boiler Operator to provide onsite and remote monitoring of plant operations, monitor systems, perform inspections, updates log books and informs management of any issues. As an employee of Inventys, you will be required to work on site at the Husky Pikes Peak South Thermal Plant near Lashburn, Saskatchewan.
- Reports to plant site on required schedule.
- Complies with all Husky site rules, work practice, and safety protocols
- Monitors boiler and gauges and records checks in logbook per TSASK Operator Attendance Requirements.
- Calibrates the demo plant gas analyzer.
- Performs visual and auditory inspection of plant.
- Performs start up, operation, shut down, and emergency stop of plant if required and safe to do so.
- Informs management of any variances or issues.
- Performs routine maintenance on systems and equipment as required.
- Carries out other related tasks and projects as required.
- Experience: At least 2 years plant operations with boilers, preferably in the oil and gas industry.
- Education: Journeyman boiler operator – minimum 4th Class Power Engineer’s Certificate
- Technical: strong mechanical aptitude
- General knowledge of process controls
- Electrical basis knowledge
- Familiar with basic instrumentations
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills in establishing cooperative working relationships both internally and externally
- Demonstrated written and oral communication skills
- High level of initiative
- Good time management, with ability to organize, prioritize and meet deadlines
- Strong attention to detail
- First Aid cert. required (company will provide training if needed)
- H2S Alive cert. required (company will provide training if needed)
- Valid driver license and vehicle required to drive to and from worksite