Chemist – Material Development Program Manager
Location: Burnaby, British Colombia
We are looking for a Chemist & Material Development Program Manager to interface with external universities and industrial partners supporting Inventys sorbent portfolio development. In this role, they will review and write reports, create or edit research proposals, analyze and compare data from different sources to provide summaries of the progress of the different efforts including challenges and opportunities. Additionally, this role will support internal material development efforts through critical analysis of process and performance data from various type of sorbents or laminates and as needed carries out test execution, material synthesis or laminate structure built.
- Maintains tracking of program deliverable and schedules
- Develops reports or contributes to reports and summaries
- Escalates issue reporting in a timely fashion, contribute to issue resolution through proposal development.
- Communicates clearly with employees on a regular basis
- Analyzes test data and generates key performance indicators from the data.
- Combines data from multiple tests to conducts performance degradation and failure mode analysis.
- Assists test or synthesis process optimization as needed.
- Carries out sorbent synthesis as needed
- Carries out sorbent characterization as needed
- Carries out other related tasks and projects as required.
- Masters in Engineering Science in Chemical engineering
- At least 5 years of experience combined in industry and academia
- At least 1 year of experience in adsorption related industries
- At least 2 years of experience in program management
- Experience with sorption design and development
- Technical experience/knowledge with sorbent material testing
- Ability to work well with cross-functional teams and diverse groups of employees
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills in establishing cooperative working relationships both internally and externally
- Demonstrated written and oral communication skills
- Critical thinking skills and good judgment
- Adaptable to change
- Ability to develop and deliver presentations
- High level of initiative
- Good time management, with ability to organize, prioritize and meet deadlines
- Strong attention to detail
As a team member you will work in a safety-first environment while enjoying competitive benefits, supportive co-workers, and interesting challenges to solve. You will grow through challenging work with diverse, talented people and by finding endless opportunities to learn and engage.
If you want to take the next step in your career, send your resume to [email protected] with “Chemist – Material Development Program Manager” in the subject line. For For more information about Inventys, please visit www.inventysinc.com. You can also connect with us on Facebook or Twitter @inventysinc.