Location: Burnaby, British Colombia
Be part of a team that is tackling one of the largest challenges of our generation. As an Inventys employee, you will apply your talents in ways that make a difference in our world by directly contributing toward technologies to reduce greenhouse gas emissions.
We are looking for: Piping/Mechanical Designer
- Develops conceptual front end to full detailed piping design using company and industry standards, codes, and specifications.
- Creates 3D modeling and 2D drafting for piping deliverables, including structural and mechanical components, such as: Site Plans, General Arrangements, Isometrics, Details, Process Flow Diagrams (PFDs), and Piping and Instrument Diagrams (P&IDs).
- Develops conceptual structural infrastructure design for piping and mechanical equipment, such as: piping supports, process skids frames, maintenance platforms, etc.
- Develops detail design drawings via interface with Electrical, Instrumentation, Civil, and Structural disciplines.
- Incorporates supplier feedback and engineering comments into drawings/models.
- Prepares projects templates including title block, x-refs, library components/models, etc.
- Prepares Bill of Materials (BOM), drawing/equipment/line/valve lists. Assists with preparation of Construction Work Packages, Material Requisitions, and other Deliverables or Reports as required
- Preparing and verifying designs on site, including tie-in drawings.
- Participates in reviews of project documents for scope, presentation and technical accuracy.
- Works with vendors/suppliers closely as a member of the project team to ensure project schedules and budgets are met.
- Communicates with discipline leads and team members to coordinate, ensuring the compatibility of design
- Travel to site locations for field measurements, design input, construction, and commissioning activities may be required.
- Carries out other tasks and projects as assigned.
- Education: Technical Diploma in Piping/Mechanical Design and Drafting
- Experience: 4-6 years of drafting/modeling experience in process piping related projects
- Excellent proficiency in AutoCAD Plant 3D; AutoCAD P&ID (smart P&ID), and AutoCAD Mechanical required. Experience with AutoCAD Electrical an asset.
- Experience in setting-up AutoCAD Plant 3D, including creation of library components and “Pipe Specs”, to adopt company design standards
- Experience in heavy civil or industrial engineering and construction fields is an asset
- Familiarity with structural and piping fabrication processes is an asset
- Understanding of ASME B31.3 piping code is required.
- Familiarity with heavy industries codes, local and national safety regulations is asset
- Excellent command of the English language both written and verbal.
- Highly organized and motivated to carry out a variety of duties.
- Detail oriented, able to multitask
- Willing to learn on and off the job
- Proficient in MS Office
Software and Systems:
- Proficient in Autodesk AutoCad Plant 3D
- Experience with AutoCAD “Paper Space” interface is required
- Experience with intelligent P&ID’s is required
- SolidWorks experience is an asset
As a team member you will work in a safety-first environment while enjoying competitive benefits, supportive co-workers, and interesting challenges to solve. You will grow through challenging work with diverse, talented people and by finding endless opportunities to learn and engage.