Plant and Boiler Operator
Location: Lloydminster, Saskatchewan
We are looking for a Plant and Boiler Operator to provide onsite and remote monitoring of plant operations, monitor systems, perform inspections, updates log books and informs management of any issues. As an employee of Inventys, you will be required to work on site at the Husky Pikes Peak South Thermal Plant near Lashburn, Saskatchewan.
- Reports to plant site on required schedule.
- Complies with all Husky site rules, work practice, and safety protocols
- Monitors boiler and gauges and records checks in logbook per TSASK Operator Attendance Requirements.
- Calibrates the demo plant gas analyzer.
- Performs visual and auditory inspection of plant.
- Performs start up, operation, shut down, and emergency stop of plant if required and safe to do so.
- Informs management of any variances or issues.
- Performs routine maintenance on systems and equipment as required.
- Carries out other related tasks and projects as required.
- Education: Journeyman boiler operator – minimum 4th Class Power Engineer’s Certificate
- Experience: 5 years in a processing plant in either Energy, Chemical/Petro-Chemical, or Water treatment industry
- Experience with plant commissioning, start-up, operation, shutdown, and maintenance
- Ability to work with minimal or zero supervision.
- Competence with Microsoft Office programs such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook.
- Willingness and ability to work 12-hour shifts.
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills in establishing cooperative working relationships both internally and externally
- Demonstrated written and oral communication skills
- High level of initiative
- Good time management, with ability to organize, prioritize and meet deadlines
- Strong attention to detail
- First Aid cert. required (company will provide training if needed)
- H2S Alive cert. required (company will provide training if needed)
- Valid Class 5 driver license and vehicle required to drive to and from worksite
- Mechanical and/or electrical skills with pipe-fitting, welding, equipment repairs would be an asset.
As a team member you will work in a safety-first environment while enjoying competitive benefits, supportive co-workers, and interesting challenges to solve. You will grow through challenging work with diverse, talented people and by finding endless opportunities to learn and engage.