Manufacturing Procurement and Supply Chain Specialist
Location: Burnaby, BC
We are looking for a Manufacturing Procurement and Supply Chain Specialist to manage the acquisition and flow of purchased materials and equipment including strategic sourcing, contract negotiation, purchasing, warehousing, in-house and external logistics to support the manufacturing function.
Procurement: Ensures efficient and accurate specification, forecasting, quality inspection, production and prototyping of parts; identifies and qualifies new suppliers; leads negotiations and manages contracts and supply agreements; drives partner relationships between supplies and company; specifies and maintains Lean supply chain systems from manual Kanban to MRP/ERP integration; ensures Lean system fill quantities with zero shortfalls mentality; leads resolution process for contract shortfalls and leads supplier feedback system.
Manufacturing: Oversees warehouse management.
- Education: Formal training in Supply Chain and Logistics to include Lean Manufacturing tools and techniques
- Experience: At least 7 years of experience in sourcing/procurement/vendor management and logistics in a Lean Manufacturing environment. Experience in the implementation of a Kanban based system critical. Experience in the Supply Chain implementation of an ERP / MRP system highly desirable.
- PMAC/SCMA designation or comparable desirable.
- Demonstrated negotiation, organizational, prioritization and time management skills.
- Excellent problem solving, strategic thinking, planning and decision making skills.
- Ability to foster strong relationships with internal teams and external suppliers.
- Adaptable to change.
- Demonstrated written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to develop and deliver presentations.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- High level of initiative.
- Good time management, with ability to organize, prioritize and meet deadlines.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Excellent listening skills.
- Excellent analytical skills with ability to make sound recommendations.
- Ability to travel, i.e. hold valid passport.
As a team member you will work in a safety-first environment while enjoying competitive benefits, supportive co-workers, and interesting challenges to solve. You will grow through challenging work with diverse, talented people and by finding endless opportunities to learn and engage.