Project Procurement Specialist
Location: Burnaby, BC
We are looking for a Project Procurement Specialist to procure, source, select and contract products and services associated with company projects. These products and services are to be secured at cost, quality and delivery standards. The Specialist works closely with Production, Sales, and Project Management.
Project Procurement and Contracting: Participates in development of procurement strategy; expedites delivery of equipment required for projects; coordinates bid requests; secures and analyzes quotations; negotiates prices; qualifies suppliers; coordinates inspection and FAT for purchased equipment; liaises between company and suppliers of quality matters and changes and developments.
Contract Administration: Initiates and prepares contracts and clauses; reviews, analyses and negotiates change order requests; reviews and approves invoices; performance administrative tasks such as meeting meetings, cost analysis, trends reports, and timesheet reviews; and maintains and updates procurement procedures and forms.
- Experience: Bachelor’s Degree in a related field or equivalent
- Education: Seven (7) to ten (10) years’ purchasing, contracting and chain supply in a project and fabrication environment.
- Working knowledge of supply chain, Materials Resource Planning systems and Contract Administration.
- Critical thinking skills and good judgment
- Ability to work well with cross-functional teams and diverse groups of stakeholders
- Adaptable to change
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills in establishing cooperative working relationships both internally and externally
- Demonstrated written and oral communication skills
- Ability to develop and deliver presentations
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- High level of initiative
- Good time management, with ability to organize, prioritize and meet deadlines
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong customer service skills, including ability to build credibility and trust
- Excellent listening skills
- Excellent analytical skills with ability to make sound recommendations
- Willingness to travel intermittently.As a team member you will work in a safety-first environment while enjoying competitive benefits, supportive co-workers, and interesting challenges to solve. You will grow through challenging work with diverse, talented people and by finding endless opportunities to learn and engage.